Is your child enthusiastic or unhappy about the new school year?
Does your child find his or her new school intimidating?
Are you having a hard time motivating your child for the new school year ahead?
Don’t worry! We’ve got you covered!
Whether your child is a new or returning student at our preschool in Ypsilanti, there’s always a solution to help ease your child into the idea of going to school.
PBS Parents recommends the following steps:
1. Practice going to school to help your child get familiar with the route and routine.
2. Describe to your child what will likely happen on their first day of class.
3. Ask your child compelling questions about what they’re looking forward to the most, and what concerns they have.
4. Schedule play dates with other children your child may not have seen all summer to acquaint them with familiar faces.
5. Walk your child into the classroom on the first few days.
6. Read books about starting school and how exciting it can be!
We hope these tips will help you and your child shift from summer back to a school schedule with ease. Have you found other ways that get your child excited about school? We’re not talking about bribes, we’re talking about techniques that work without you caving into your child’s demands. If you have any techniques, please share them with us! We always appreciate more ideas!
Do you know of a parent looking for a quality preschool in Ypsilanti, Ann Arbor or the surrounding area? Please encourage them to contact us to schedule a tour of Little Angels Preschool & Daycare.