Does your child enjoy outdoor winter activities such as sledding, skiing, ice skating, building a snowman, or building a snow fort?
While it’s great to have fun, it’s also important to stay warm in cold temperatures. Cold can mean your child risks frostbite and hypothermia.
Here are some cold weather safety tips
to help keep your children safe from
frostbite and hypothermia:
- Wear appropriate clothing (i.e. layers, fleece, wool)
- Bring children inside periodically to warm up
- Make sure boots are not too tight
- Have them wear a hat and/or ski mask to cover extremities (i.e. ears, nose)
- Keep their clothes dry
- Offer them a hot beverage after they come inside
If frostbite or hypothermia does occur, seek medical attention immediately! If the affected area is not treated in a timely manner your child may lose a limb … or worse!
At Little Angels Preschool & Daycare Ypsilanti, we’re dedicated to our students’ health and well-being. We want to ensure the safety of our students and families. So, before you bundle up to make snow angels, learn ways to prevent your child from getting nipped by Jack Frost!
kindercare Ypsilanti| nursery school Ypsilanti | daycare Ypsilanti | child care Ypsilanti| preschool Ypsilanti | pre K Ypsilanti|