|Image by Gregoire Guillemin "Secret Hero Life"|
You keep your family safe, fed, entertained, and organized, but you tend to put yourself last. Mom is “WOW” upside down, but it doesn’t mean you need to be 100% perfect 100% of the time. If you don’t get enough rest and rejuvenation, you could burn out!
It’s so important to not feel guilty when you take some time for yourself. It will help you de-stress and re-charge, and put you in a better mood. This will allow you to be happy and present when you’re back in Mom mode.
The next time you have some time off from work, drop your child off at your favorite preschool and daycare in Ypsilanti…Little Angels Preschool & Daycare! We’ll keep your child safe and happy which will relieve your mind, so you can focus on treating yourself. We share a few ideas below on ways to treat yourself without guilt!
- Read a book for a few hours at a coffee shop or a park.
- Take a walk around a park, garden, or zoo.
- Paint your toenails and get your feet ready for flip flop weather.
- Write in a journal and list everything that you’re grateful for.
- Go for a bicycle ride in a park or around your neighborhood.
- Call your favorite friend or family member and reminisce.
- Visit a history or art museum.
- Go to a movie matinee.
- Volunteer. Helping another person has positive results for you and them!
- Try your hand at a new craft or home project. Libraries, craft, and hardware stores often offer inexpensive classes to learn a new hobby.
The staff at Little Angels Preschool and Daycare in Ypsilanti knows how hard mothers work. As Mother’s Day approaches, we want you to know how much we appreciate YOU! We know you’re a super hero even when you leave your mask and cape at home!